Monday, June 15, 2009

worsen local job market

Last sat went out with a customer, K. She had graduated from poly , IT course this year. She said her lecturer is helping graduates to find jobs in related area but all salaries starts from S$12oo. It was really shocking to hear this. I thought such range is for O level holders in admin or sales job. Now, even IT field also offers such low wages. Since K does not like IT jobs, she found a job with NEA (National Environmental Agency) as admin staff, same starting salary too and it is a 6months contract. After that, she dont know what is her fate.

Had durian this evening after dinner...it is the 2nd time i had durians within a week. The first time was last Sat. Sis in law said "the durian seller told me D-24 series will debut this week! I am eagerly waiting". She is a big fan of D-24 durians. Last year, my mum, my bro, my sis in law and me went to Outram park to eat D-24 durians. It was ex but was really worth it. It is king among all the durian range.

Received a surprised sms for a customer today. J send her greetings saying weather is hot and do take care of myself. So sweet of her. Her sis is Alice 88th's regular but not sure if her sis still buys from Alice.

Last night, our "recession proof" customer smsed me from UAE. She was testing if i could receive sms from her coz sometimes she might not be online but have urgent things to inform. She will go to Japan on this Sat for the next 3 weeks, chionging teppei and A9. The hotels she stayed are 5 stars ones..my supplier cant help but asked "her father is an oil baron?" hahaha. I said "perhaps or she has a $ printer at home". This customer said she takes taxis in Japan coz she dont know hw to take train. Train is too slow..she wants to go to the places fast. Not sure if she takes cab from Osaka to Tokyo and then back to Osaka coz she has not heard of JR pass...

No comments: