Monday, July 14, 2008

Harmonic Wealth

Am reading this book now. Spotted it at the "New Release" shelf at the Central library on Sat. It is really an insightful book and it happen to be one of our Kino's top 10 non-fiction title.

http://www.amazon.com/Harmonic-Wealth-Secret-Attracting-Life/dp/1401322646/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216047240&sr=8-1

I flipped it randomly to read on topics that caught my eyes instead of the regular chapter by chapter. These are some paragraphs which i find interesting.

Chapter: Become the person you would like to fall in love with

As you expend and grow, so will your relationships. When you choose to become great, people around you will do their utmost to keep you stuck and the same. Not because they're bad - they are not - but because they value security and deslike uncertainty. If your objective is to vibrate at higher and higher levels to attract higher and higher results in your life, you'll find it difficult (if not impossible) to do so if everything around you is reinforcing the contrary. Remember the triggers and grabbers.

Dont share your dreams with others unless you can guarantee that they'll support you. You know, certain people are constantly bitching, moaning, and complaining about everything. You know these people. You ask them how they are feeling and once they start answering, you wish you hadnt ask? I call these people energy vampires. They suck the lifeblood - energy - right out of you. They flit around with their fangs hanging out, complaining about what's not working, what's not perfect, what's not there. I have three words that are like garlic to an energy vampire. Get over it.

Think about it. - the people you surround yourself with either help you up your game or pull your game down. They either help you want to succeed or not. Who are you hanging out with?

******************************************************************************
After reading this chapter, i paused and think. I hang out with energy vampires...the most obvious traits is they value security that they would settle for low pay. LP is one of them. Told her 2 Sat ago to go to job agencies to fill up forms to look for better paying jobs and most important, to find out her market rate. Doubt she did anything about it. I cant be bothered to ask. I dont feel like going out with her anymore coz she is always soo negative and passive. She really drains my energy. Sometimes, i find i am too kay poh in people's affairs.

Sunday smsed XW and asked how is she doing. Long time no hear from her. She is one of my closest friend but kinda lost touch for the past few months coz she was busy looking for jobs. She replied "ok lor. Now working near my house, good working hours oso. Been here for 2 weeks but still have difficulties handling it coz i dont have accounts knowledge." I replied "good for you, at least the distance and the working hours is wat u want. And it comes with new knowledge too". She didnt reply...

XW is a typical example of Sporean who dont want jobs that requires long working hours and too far from their home. That is why, our service and F&B industry hires so many foreigners. M told me that now, employers can hire 1 foreigner if they hire 3 locals. Last time the ratio was 1:6. No wonder of population was 4.6 lately. More than 1million are foreigners..which means among 4 people here, 1 is a foreigner. I think it is good coz they help us increase overall productivity and we have better service from them.

DM smsed yday to ask me find an old english movie dvd from ebay. Then, i told him that movie dvd with shipping cost S$25. He said "oh,,hmm,,i think dont want lah,,if not, wait i buy this one, i want to collect others also,,then will be buying endlessly.". Helped him bought 4 old english movie dvds last 2 weeks and his criteria was "I want the cheapest one, with shipping and brand new". Super sianz man,,have to dig out all the cheap ones, read properly to make sure it is new. Unfortunately, cant charge him extra coz he knows the rates. He is sooooooo stingy and i cant imagine wat he'll react if i tell him "eh,,have to pay S$5 for svs charge for each item."

He likes X and L'arc alot. In the end, he bought X's 12.31.93 final live dvd. He called me on Sunday but i was busy..but finally answered his call. Asked me any thing new from X or L'arc. He seldom goes online so, will always ask me. I feel kinda fed up with his questions coz he didnt bother to find out about his fav artists and kept asking me. Isnt this a fan's regular job? It is not im petty but can u imagine, every phone call he ask the same questions like "anything new from L'arc, x or Hideaki T?" Once i got fed up and i said "i dun have any idea about them". He said "huh? now you dont follow liao?" I said "yes,,now i only order what customers want..i dont follow at all". Still, he resumes in asking these questions over and over again. Words cant describe how pissed i am when these questions came out from his mouth *roll eyes*

I must change my thoughts so i can attract the right friends.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha, I'm sorry but DM really sounds quite annoying. I dare you to tell him earnestly "You're an energy vampire. Go away." XD

Unknown said...

Hi there, so happen to chance upon your blog. I totally agree with you regarding the energy vampire part. :) Life is tough enough, do not make it any tougher for yourself. I once read an article in readers digest. The title was "What if there is no YOU". Most important of all, you must be happy with what you are doing. :)

00efinity said...

Hi Lesster,

Thank U for ur comments :)

bh

Unknown said...

When I go back to Singapore, I will bring some honey back to you too. Thanks for watching me in "Find Me A Singaporean II" - Little Honey Man (Uganda)

00efinity said...

Hi Lesster,

Oh, so you are the Honey man!!~

I am very happy for you that you are making a difference in people's life. That is what real Happiness is.

Thanks for your kind thoughts of bringing me the honey when you are back. :)

bh