Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pissed + Porter

My supplier just emailed me saying she shipped a parcel to me today with all the outstanding items since April (ive informed her to shipped anytime before this Friday coz i will be back then). She shipped everything Except the 2nd batch of Tohoshinki goods (about 40 items)!!~~ OMG!!!

Early April, ive informed her to ship the 1st batch to a Sporean customer (coz it is a group order by all her friends) coz the 2nd batch was delayed due to some sold out items awaiting to be restocked. Now it has been restocked but she didnt send it today with other items.

She asked me "is it to be shipped to the same customer again?". OMG...but aint everything is going to Singapore?? I am so angry coz if shipped separately, it is so costly and moreover, whole of next week is Japan's Golden Week!!~~ Now, I dont have any balance items to ship now. *fumming*. I had paid enough for all the shipping $$$$. Zzz zzzzz. Today i had pre-sent 1 suitcase and 1 trolley bag to the airport using the lugguage courier svs and it had already cost me S$60....

Anyway, today went Ikebukuro. Went to Sunshine City. Nothing much there. Everytime i go shopping on weekdays, there are still soo many people. I wonder why they dun have to work,,everyday only go shopping... Saw a nice series of Comme Ca Men wallet at Seibu Ikebukuro. I like one of the wallet but they left only black. I like its White series. So, went to Shinjuku after that. After the exit, i found this 3 storey Comme Ca Store. So, tot maybe they have the White series wallet..but they dont even have this series!!~ I wonder why. Haiz,,nevermind lor. Then saw this OIOI Men shopping mall nearby,,,i pop in to try my luck. Wah,,they have the full range of the Comme Ca Men's wallet, incl. the white series. I was very happy until i saw "Made In China". It was Y8000 but made in china. At the back of this series is Patrick Cox. The Made In Japan series was Y13000 and the Made in China series was Y12600. Which one will you buy? I was tempted to buy the Made in Japan one but then, this brand has many fakes in the market. So, even if you buy the original one,,ppl may think it is fake.

While pondering in front of the Patrick Cox rack, heard a bunch of Taiwanese talking loudly while coming down from the escalator. They were all carrying the Porter's paper bag. So, i knew they had just bought Porter from upstairs. So, i went up to see the Porter section lor. I cant resist the temptation,,so, sinfully, i bought that S$200 wallet....it is Made in Japan and there are no fakes in the market (perhaps have but i dont know). I just blew my $$ away like this..im so frivolous... this wallet is the last thing ive bought during the last day of stay here.

Christine, i dont have the plan to stay here permanetly coz it is quite boring sometimes. Harajuku and Shibuya is no longer the same as last time. Harajuku and Shibuya has changed alot. In Shibuya, many of those unique shoe stores are gone and Harajuku is now filled with all the China made goods with poor quality but in Japanese prices. Just imagine tourists goes to Harajuku but buy all the China made goods? Buying them in China is far cheaper and with more range. Bought a pack of peanuts M&M's from a convenient store today. It was Made in China too. Im so paranoid about the Made in China thingy,,, For my cute socks,,hhahaha,,i will just keep it for future use in other countries,,,no chance to wear it in Singapore.

Ate Tan Tan Mian set (it comes with fried rice and almond jelly) at Ikebukuro for lunch before i head to Shinjuku. The waitress spoke fluent Japanese, so i tot she is a Japanese coz she was too well-dressed to be a waitress. I was wrong. She was from China. She spoke slang Chinese to her colleagues and also the cooks...*_*". When i was in Kobe's Chinatown, there were many Chinese. They spoke fluent Japanese (or perhaps only those few taglines?) but when i ask them questions in Chinese, they replied in Chinese.

Tomorrow my flight is 7pm and i will reach Spore at 2am. I will go to Asakusa with Father host tomorrow morning at 930am coz he is having a meeting (130pm) there tomorrow. He will bring me to an old street nearby where they sell those Japanese food replicas like sushi, tempura, udon in bowls etc. Wah,ive read it somewhere but i dunno where is this place. It is great that Father host knows this place! During dinner just now, he asked what i would like to have for lunch tomorrow. I said anything is ok except for raw fishes. So, he suggested Unagi (eels) meals. Unagi in Japan is expensive. I saw those cooked Unagi at supermarket, it cost Y2000 for a mere 100gram!! It is a tasty fish but too expensive for me....

Father host has burned all the pictures he had taken during my trip at his house into a CDR and Mother host has printed my picture with sakura on the CDR. They are soooooooooo thoughtful and sweet!!~ Will take a pic of it when im home. Now im too sleepy to meddle with the camera. Think i have about 500 pics that i havent upload..

Father host is very attentive. A few nights ago, after my bath (11pm), he said "there is a hair dryer in the cabinet under the sink, pls use it". He never fails to remind me to use their house like my own. I felt soo indebted. Last Friday, i saw a neon signage which states in Chinese "Ming Tai Zi". I know i was a kind of food but i dont know what is it. So, i wrote it for Father Host and asked him wat is this food. He said it was a kind of fish egg that is seasoned with chilli powder. He said he will buy it for me on Saturday. He really bought it on Saturday and i ate a little coz i was raw. It was salty but not really spicy depite the mild chilli powder.

Since yesterday, Mother host has began saying she is feeling sad coz im leaving soon. I said i felt sad too esp when i was packing my luggage yday. Time flies..good times always ends fast... Nonetheless, there are plenty of wonderful memories from this trip that i will take it home with me.

Mrs Arai came just before our dinner to pass me a small gift (this is the 3rd time she has gave me something. 1st time was Japanese letter set, 2nd time was Japanese rabbit zip pouch). It was a blueish sakura print card case. It was really sweet of her. She brought some rice crackers for my host too. Actually is suppose to go to Tokyo Bay (Odaiba area) for sightseeing with her but i would like to go shopping instead,,so last night informed her that i cant make it. I didnt expect her to comeby tonight to pass the present. Last night, her husband gave us fresh soba. He handmade them.

My hosts said during last Sun's party and also just now, that they thank me for staying at their house. I said i should be the one thanking them and not vice versa. The Japanese are really very ke qi people. ..so ke qi that i dont know what to say/do.

Tomorrow i will wake up at 7am..if not, i cant see Mother host for the last time. She leaves for work at 730am. I hope to make a farewell breakfast for her. :). Lunch is farewell lunch with Father host..

Btw, i cut my hair yday,,to quite short..lolz...ive actually trim and colour it in Osaka but i think it grew long now,,Yday passby a Cut Only Club (they design and cut hair only, for only Y1500) after posting my parcel, so tot to cut it again. The hairdresser was quite styloh,,she knew little English so we mostly communicated by sign language. I informed her i would like short hair. So, she immediately went to flip some mags. She couldnt find short hair pics, so she went to take a file with a catalogue of assorted hairstyles and showed me. So, i was able to see alot of short hairstyles (Japanese girls dont really go for short hair) and choose one from there. She then kinda grab my hair and start spraying water and get down with the cutting. Her cutting style is unlike those regular stylists where they cut in sequence. She just cut "anyhow". I think she is those artistic people that cut hair according to feeling...this salon styles/cuts hair according to your face shape. They have pictures showing the before and after effect in the salon. It is a niche hair salon. Most hair salons with full services (cut, colour, perm) charges alot for hair cutting alone, Most were Y3000 and above.

This is my last entry for my Japan trip. It was such an Exhilarating trip!!~ (with a few boring days in between). My happiest moments are watching those beautiful mountains, streams, waterfalls, plantations and lakes on trains. Bye Bye Japan.

5 comments:

Y-Maeda said...

Hello nice to meet you.
I saw your wonderful site.
Please link to this site !
Website:http://food-of-japan.blogspot.com/

Saga-hime said...

omgggg i am more tired than i thought! i was sitting online a few hours ago and ....*passes out*. that hasn't happened in awhile -_-". i was starting to keep regular people hours (no naps, sleep early/midnight).

"I am so angry coz if shipped separately, it is so costly and moreover, whole of next week is Japan's Golden Week!!"
oh no :(((((!!!! i HATE spending extra money that you didn't have too!! i'm sorry about your luggage! i finally bought my airplane ticket! i was soo mad because the non-stop flight one...the price jumps up $20 when you go to pay....so i gave up and i have connecting flights -_-" (i hate those!! more chances of things going wrong, and longer flight 7,5 hours instead of 5 hours).

"So, even if you buy the original one,,ppl may think it is fake."
ah, like louis vuitton. i pretty much assume everyone's is fake X"D.

"this wallet is the last thing ive bought during the last day of stay here."
it's ok!! i got caiko to buy a furry black and baby pink hello kitty wallet and she didn't need one either!! BUT BUT they are soo functional :D!

"Shibuya, many of those unique shoe stores are gone and Harajuku is now filled with all the China made goods with poor quality but in Japanese prices."
OH NO T_T!! it is like the internet!!!!! on ebay soo many products are made in china and bad quality, but they charge the same as japan T_T!

wahhh soo cool!! i love people who are fluent in many different languages! it seems that Chinese people usually are :).

"I hope to make a farewell breakfast for her. :). Lunch is farewell lunch with Father host.."
awwwwwww<333333.

"I think she is those artistic people that cut hair according to feeling"
they are the best! i'm glad you found one for a reasonable price! gah, everyone is cutting their hair short, and i am trying my best to grown mine out. i haven't cut the length since july, and it is still not to my boobs yet T_T.

"My happiest moments are watching those beautiful mountains, streams, waterfalls, plantations and lakes on trains. "
you are soo mature!! i know right now that i wouldn't be able to enjoy the scenery as much as i should!

going to make some ramen and DO HOMEWORK!! i always get distracted x__________X.

i am glad that you will be happy in singapore now that you know Japan has changed.

oh! and btw! voni had a convention recently, and there was a cute Japanese things store where she was having it. she bought me one of those BANAO books :). saga's banana X"D.

~<3christine

Unknown said...

Eee, why like that one?? Oh no, you have to waste so much money for nothing sia. Hopefully this doesn't happen again... =(

Haha those China people are like my Jap teacher (also from China but she acts/talks in such amazing Japanese no one knew that until she told us so, haha).

お帰りなさい~!

Saga-hime said...

hope you are home safe and sound now!

i get soo paranoid about airplanes.

oh, by the way...........the price for airplane ticket went back down today........but i already bought my ticket...i HATE airlines T_T!!!!!!

oh, and i got into japanese :3. the only time that fit my schedule is at 8am...i hope i can be alert!!!! i don't wake up until 10am usually X_X!

here is my new schedule. i am soo happy there is no science:
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5085/fallpp2.jpg

~<3christine

Saga-hime said...

CHWA!!! we ALL love our cell phone charms :3!! i came home from school, and i had 3 packages waiting for me........i opened yours first ^_^!!

actually, it jingled soo i shook it and amused myself for awhile.

bells are soo wonderful<3. reminds me of kitty bells!

just got off the phone with caiko! devan took the red one, and caiko got the strawberries<3.

btw! i changed my major today!! it should be official in 5 days. i hope you're having a wonderful homecoming!!

~<3christine