Friday, April 11, 2008

Vonnie!! Glad u got the postcard

Vonnie, tat postcard reminds me of you..it was sooo meaningful tat i must buy.

Im in osaka now. going back on sunday after i buy the gaze tour goods. Today i went to Hakata and Hiroshima. Near Hiroshima there is this island called Miyajiyama where all the Gods in Japan will gather there on festive events. It is a very beautiful island but i got no time to stroll...only been there for less than an hr. If you have JR pass, the ferry is free coz it is under JR group. It is a nice surprise for me. The ferry ticket is only Y340 for return trip...very cheap.

Quite bored here coz nothing much. Yday went to Shin-Kobe and Kobe before going to Glay`s concert. After tat went to those small eatery near the station to eat Okonomiyaki. It was such a big portion..like the size of our face. My friend said this is the Original size. Those at taka ones are soooooo small. Each okonomiyaki takes about 25mins to make..unlike ours...a few minutes only,,,XD. It is quite cheap too,,Y900/okonimiyaki...it has meat slices, lots of cabbage and big portion of mee. The chef cook it in front of you. Monday will upload my pics.

Tomorrow go Kyoto coz today my feet is aching..so took 3hrs of bullet train to Hakata (the very west of Japan, it is the Kyushu area) and see see look look. It was a ulu town but is famous for its ramen. I ate ramen set (with friend rice and gyoza). It is only Y700,,soo filling.

This evening i had beef rice set at a place similar to Yoshinoya. It is a new menu with mei chai and myonaise on top of the beef slices. It comes with miso soup, cold veggies and free flow of oolong tea. Only Y440. No wonder my friend say Kansai food is cheap and big portion. It is soo true!!

Last night came back to ryokan around 11.15pm and dunno why realised there was this strange man, with dark sunglasses (at night time??), dark scarf on head and dark attire like following me. It was drizzling and there was no one on the street. I was soo scared..so i paused infront of a vending machine pretending to buy drink, so he can walk ahead of me. He did walk ahead of me and went into a food shop. I scared he was waiting for me to walk ahead of him. Just then, another office attire man came out from the same food shop. So,i quickly walk beside this man and occasionally see if the weirdo man continue to follow me. Heng he didnt..i was really scared out of my wits. Since last nite,i make it a point to come back by 10pm. Must use common sense no matter where you are..even in Japan (despite it is one of the safest country in the world).

Japan has many weirdos...when i just arrived, there was this incident where a office worker (man) pushed a student (boy) down the railway track and he died. I think it was Shinjuku station. Saw the news and my fren`s mother translated. So scarry. So, now i dont dare to walk near the yellow line..u wun know who will suddenly push you down the track.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got your postcard today ~ I'm glad Koya-san was so peaceful! I'd definitely check it out if I have the chance, although temples and buddhas are not really my thing, haha. Thank you!! ^^

(your envelope is so neat, I will keep it carefully too. haha. )

AHHHHH KANSAI FOOD. @_@

I am envious! Hahahaha, please eat more and tell us about it! It sounds like a nice and cheap place for food lovers. My Jap teacher was telling me that food in Japan is surprisingly more affordable than what most people think. Hmmm.

Wow, you really have a lot of "new experiences" in Japan! Earthquake, X concert, stalking too! Whoa.

Please take care of yourself! ^^