Wednesday, March 5, 2008

dilemma- place to stay?!

Wah, SY, has your family decided to go to Korea?? I think their fashion is not bad and quite cheap too. So are their Japanese cds. A mei mei bought some Japanese cds there and she said it was quite cheap. I think it is made in Korea. Perhaps you can find some X stuffs there too. Oh yes, Korea has nice fashion accessories too. Korea is ok for me except its kimchi..i just felt 1 will have stomachache if i ate it..dunno why..

ive just entered to win some special seats at the upcoming show that i am going to alone, if i win, the prize is two tickets...i have no one to take with me :(. i find out on the 12th. i am very nervous that if they pick up my entry, they will see my very long e-mail and not want to use it and pick another winner instead x_X. they said they will also call by phone though

Hey Christine, all the best for your lucky draw. Come on, dont be a pessimist,,must have confidence.

You are right, i think Caiko is very much like me,,we can do things alone. Perhaps you are young, so you are not used to being solo ^^

Smsed LP during lunch just now to see if she got back her S$200 deposit with that uncle.

LP: Havent get back

Me: ok. Btw, how to have monthly statement from the passbook?

LP: Must every month have minimum SGD$3000 inside, for at least x 3 months (SGD$9000) before can go apply for visa. (thought her father has so she can ask her father to act as her Guarantor?! Thought she had asked her father to email her all the scans of his passbook and bank book? It is like suddenly gone silence...)

Me: oh, ok.

Dunno why she havent take back her $. She said on Monday she will be taking it back on Tuesday (yesterday). Being passive again? Not enthu for her own issues at all..im being busybody here...

Now got a big dilemma. It's my lodging. Each has about the same facilities except their location is different.

Single Room

Y58,000/mth - 15mins train from town (ikebukuro). Includes shower fees (Y100 for 8mins - i take more than this!), transit train fare to this house from town.

http://www.tatami-guesthouse.com/

Dorm (share room with another 3 ladies)

Y50400/mth - 15mins walk from Harajuku - all things included. I have JR pass, so need not additional transport $.

http://www.oakhouse.jp/jpn/house/harajuku/index.html

Or

The harajuku dorm has a better location and is cheaper but i wonder who my room mates are..his house is a ladies house. Also, i will be in Osaka for 1 week, so this space will be vacant but im still paying for it. If i rent the Room, im paying for more expensive daily rental when im away.

Just spotted this Dorm (share room with another 3 ladies)

Y43400 - 10mins walk from Ikebukuro - all things included. Shorter walking distance from station. This branch is like more spacious??

http://www.oakhouse.jp/jpn/house/kamiikebukuro/index.html

Oh yes, these Dorms has strange billing system. The rental rate is the same whether 1 or 2 person rents it. Strange rite??? Any one want to share?!

My mum says selfish ppl like me is more suitable for single room. Think she is annoyed by my complaints about my fren when i chat with my sister-in-law.

Last Sunday saw a Taiwanese food programme and they were recommending Nagoya snacks. They have Miso swissroll..so amazing..lolz. I think i will be a bento person when im there...coz need to walk alot. Eat rice is the best.,.next is fast food...

Will only pack my luggage half full coz my friend said Ikebukuro station (if im renting the room), they dont have escalators!! I dont remember this station coz i went there once (Sunshine city). I plan to bring only 5 sets of clothes. Dread heavy luggage..have to bring 2 sweaters too coz it is still quite cold there despite its Spring time. Im a tropical animal...

Just received an sms from a customer. who is supposed to collect his Hideaki Tokunaga (he has a superb vocal!) live dvd this Sat. He smsed "it is ok, i am not in a hurry to collect. You may watch it first, i can collect it any time next week or you can leave at my friend's shop (in town)."

Me: Oh, thanks for your kind thoughts. I will watch if i have the time. If not, this Sat, will pass to your friend

He: It's ok, you can watch it first. You can pass to my friend anytime (he is soo persistent)

Me: Ok, will watch if time permits..thank you for your kind thoughts.

I dont have the habit of opening customer's items (no matter how close they are with me) coz i feel it is a basic courtesy to hand them the items brand new. He is the 2nd customer who offered me to watch the dvd. Previously, another girl (Luna Sea fan) also told me the same thing. I didnt watch.. Moreover, i am worried if i accidentally scratched their dvd or something. You'll never know what your machine will do to the dvds or cds. XD Nonetheless, it is their kind thoughts that counts. I have appreciated it!~~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The harajuku dorm looks nice ~ even though the last one is cheap, I think it's quite scary to share with so many people.

Hmm yeah, I wanted to ask you if you wanted anything from Korea before you left. I can buy back DBSK products or accessories or whatever if you'd like ~

XDD Don't bother about LP already lah! You have more important things to plan!

And you can borrow my Diru DVD if you want, since I think it's awesome and I've already seen it. ^^

Saga-hime said...

"ive just entered to win some special seats at the upcoming show that i am going to alone, if i win, the prize is two tickets...i have no one to take with me :(. i find out on the 12th. i am very nervous that if they pick up my entry, they will see my very long e-mail and not want to use it and pick another winner instead x_X. they said they will also call by phone though"
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGG i'm in the exact same boat!!! i find out on march 13th. an employee, i called yesterday, and i said to plz call me instead. but he said that if he calls and i dont pick up, they will choose someone else. on thursdays i have class and am soo worried!! he said that most likely it will be at nighttime too!! but wow! how surprising!! yes, i have no one to take with me cuz i hate pretty much all the jrock fans in my area.

& yes, i think korean style fashion is very cute ;). if i didnt like to dress soo revealingly, i'd think about going that way style-wise.

"Must every month have minimum SGD$3000 inside, for at least x 3 months (SGD$9000)"
really o___________________O?? i dont have that much money!

LOL!!! weird customers u have! i'd want BRAND NEW AND SEALED :D. i loooooove the feeling of opening my things<3. i got soo mad at my dad that one time he opened my mail for me.

crap i have class now! need to get dressed.

good luck to the both of us with our drawings!! what a strange coincidence!

ummmm i am poor, so i always go for the cheapest lodgings.

i am having difficulty finding a place to stay still too. i bulletined yesterday asking for lodgings, i've gotten 3 replies. one doesnt live in cali anymore, one lives 6 hours away and her sis graduates on the show day, and the third one i do not know her very well and i do not think i would enjoy staying with her long. i'd feel like a customer ya know?

~<3christine